Find Rob on Google+


In January I replaced the old throttle cable and lubricated the cable and throttle body with Lithium spray grease. This made the throttle very smooth, but turned out to be a temporary 12 week fix. The spindle that turns the throttle blades wears an elongated hole in the aluminium throttle body and this jams from the intake of air, even at idle making the throttle stiff.

In February 2004 I had the transmission fully serviced and a Transgo Shift kit fitted which is designed to update the 700R4 transmission and extend it’s life.

Also in February I replaced the stock sealed beam headlights with new Cibie headlights with special extra white globes.

The engine had a full service in March with new Bosch FR7DCX plugs, BP Visco 5000 Oil and VO68 Valvoline filter.

Replaced the Coolant Fan sensor switch in the Aircon line – this switch turns the radiator/condensor fan on when certain conditions are met such as speed under 30mph and aircon on


May – I fitted new delrin bushes to the left hand pop up headlight.

I Fitted a switch to disable the hatch lights, so the hatch could be left open without draining battery

Reset the mechanical idle and the Throttle position sensor.

Re adjusted the fuel pressure to factory specs.

June – Had brand new radiator fitted as the old one had developed a crack. This made such an enormous difference to the cooling that I had to uprate the thermostat to a 180 degree one as the car was running too cool.

Fitted re-valved Bilstein shock absorbers for a smoother ride.

July – Had the 700R4 auto transmission rebuilt with heavy duty drive shell etc. Work done by the highly recommended Neil Maxwell, at Precise Automatics, Beenleigh.

December – fitted new s/s brake hoses and upgraded bias brake spring.