Find Rob on Google+


Fitted new reduction style starter motor from late model C4’s – much lighter, easier on the battery and leaves more room for header exhaust pipes.

Fitted new Brake Master Cylinder, with brake bias spring.

Fitted four new Nexen tyres 275x40xZR17

Fitted New rear Disc Pads

New oil and oil filter

All four wheels aligned

Cleaned handbrake lever that was gunked up and fitted New Handbrake cable

New windscreen, frame blasted to bare metal and re sealed. New weatherstrip. New wiper blades. Windscreen coated with rainX.

back to top



May – replaced front disc pads with Brembo ones,(FM-1000m 0412). The EBC pads were hardly worn, but they only worked when extremely hot and were very poor when cold. The Bembro’s made a big difference.

July – Replaced all six universal joints. Although 5 of the old UJ’s looked OK, there was a noticeable difference with the new ones, and the car felt better, tighter.

Fitted new Monroe Sensatrac rear shock absorbers. I spent some time at the Corvette Forum, researching a good but soft shock absorber. The advice I got was excellent. Will upgrade the front shock absorbers too.

New Polyurethane rear suspension, well greased.

August – Fitted new waterpump, Flow Kooler 1688 from Summit Racing– 30% more flow up to 3500rpm.

Replaced the rear MAF relay because the warning light came on, this instantly fixed the problem.

Fitted quick fill fuel cap and two small louvres in tops of doors.

Fitted new Bosch style Altenator

Fitted New Internal Electric Fuel Pump.  I foiund a Holden one that was identical including the plug. Hi Pressure in tank for VN VS Commodore 6-8cyl. Repco # FPE-250A 

back to top



All the repairs from the previous year, for the almost 5000km drive, resulted in a very smooth year for the Corvette. It ran very nicely and I did hardly anything to it.

June – fitted new EBC Greenstuff Disc pads all round and new front rotors

Oil and filter change.

back to top



January – Cleaned greased and re-adjusted wipers.

April – fitted new memcal to ECM changing coolant fan on/off settings to On 96C Off 91C. Also changed parameters to suit upgraded heated O2 sensor. The new chip made the car run better, crisper. There were four different base settings for 88 depending on which state and emissions legislation the car was bound for. Turns out I got a better setting!

May – fitted re-engineered Throttle Body by David Koldos – with sealed bearings on the spindle for smooth throttle operation.

New Chrome Rocker covers fitted.

August – Reconditioned Heads, new Felpro gaskets.

Injectors cleaned, tested and new O rings fitted.

Re-set base idle and adjusted TPS to 5.4volts.

Re-set fuel pressure to 43psi.

New Steering Wheel fitted – very nice!

New HVAC Controller – this controls the heater/Aircon blower etc


New Power window switches

Re-fitted repaired Courtesy Lights Dimmer module.

Fitted new contacts to starter motor.

Fitted reconditioned Brake Master Cylinder, full fluid flush.

back to top



In January I replaced the old throttle cable and lubricated the cable and throttle body with Lithium spray grease. This made the throttle very smooth, but turned out to be a temporary 12 week fix. The spindle that turns the throttle blades wears an elongated hole in the aluminium throttle body and this jams from the intake of air, even at idle making the throttle stiff.

In February 2004 I had the transmission fully serviced and a Transgo Shift kit fitted which is designed to update the 700R4 transmission and extend it’s life.

Also in February I replaced the stock sealed beam headlights with new Cibie headlights with special extra white globes.

The engine had a full service in March with new Bosch FR7DCX plugs, BP Visco 5000 Oil and VO68 Valvoline filter.

Replaced the Coolant Fan sensor switch in the Aircon line – this switch turns the radiator/condensor fan on when certain conditions are met such as speed under 30mph and aircon on


May – I fitted new delrin bushes to the left hand pop up headlight.

I Fitted a switch to disable the hatch lights, so the hatch could be left open without draining battery

Reset the mechanical idle and the Throttle position sensor.

Re adjusted the fuel pressure to factory specs.

June – Had brand new radiator fitted as the old one had developed a crack. This made such an enormous difference to the cooling that I had to uprate the thermostat to a 180 degree one as the car was running too cool.

Fitted re-valved Bilstein shock absorbers for a smoother ride.

July – Had the 700R4 auto transmission rebuilt with heavy duty drive shell etc. Work done by the highly recommended Neil Maxwell, at Precise Automatics, Beenleigh.

December – fitted new s/s brake hoses and upgraded bias brake spring.